TOP RATED LOCAL® Restoration
Temporary Packing Services
When it comes to restoration jobs, there’s one factor that makes things a whole lot more difficult — stuff getting in the way. Whether we’re fixing up fire and smoke damage, performing water damage restoration, or doing extensive cleanup, if there’s clutter that’s lying around, it’s going to take longer, be more difficult, and reduce efficiency.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just make all your things go poof while the professionals take care of the restoration job? Well, while we might not be able to make your stuff disappear and reappear in the blink of an eye, we can offer the second-best thing — temporary packing services.
How Temporary Pack Up Services Can Help You
Some disasters require that your contents and furnishings be inventoried and transported to a secure location for off-site cleaning, restoration, and storage. This typically lasts until damage restoration in the home is complete. As experts in packout services, you can bet that we’ll handle your personal belongings with utmost care.
We understand the burden this is to any building owner, residential or commercial, which is why we provide a service where we do it ourselves.
If you utilize our temporary pack up services, we’ll do all the heavy lifting ourselves — literally. We will pack up everything that needs to go, move it to a temporary storage space for you, AND bring it all back, putting everything back where it was originally. When you take advantage of this service, you won’t have to do an ounce of work. Want to kick back on a lawn chair and drink lemonade while we move your things? No problem!
During the Packout Process, ServiceMaster Absolute Will:
- Inventory, pack, and transport your items to a climate-controlled, secure warehouse
- Provide you with a printed copy of the full inventory
- Clean, deodorize, restore, re-pack, and store items based upon the packout agreement
- Track and document contents throughout process
- Arrange for re-delivery of items once damage restoration is complete
Your Role in the Packout Process:
- Sign an authorization form
- Identify essential day-to-day items (clothing, hygiene, medication, etc.)
- Identify valuable items you want to keep in your possession (jewelry, personal valuables, etc.)
- Assist with restore vs replace decisions — especially in regards to sentimental items and family heirlooms
- Be available on-site as needed during the initial packout and redelivery
Why Use Temporary Pack Up Services?
There are several reasons why it’s expedient to utilize our pack up services. If you’re still not sold on the idea, consider these benefits:
- Things will have to move no matter what: Every job we do demands a certain amount of uncluttered space which ranges in scope depending on the job we’re doing and the damage done. Whether everything needs to go, or just stuff in the immediate vicinity, some things will inevitably have to move. Why not let the professionals do it?
- It saves you time and effort: While you could do the job at a lower cost by yourself, you’re going to spend what could possibly be hours of time and effort doing one of the most un-fun things imaginable — moving heavy objects. Ask yourself, is that worth your time, or could you spend it doing something more productive while professionals take care of it?
- We will move exactly what needs to be moved: Sometimes, it’s only a portion of the building that needs to be cleaned out. On other occasions, it might be necessary to completely clean house. If you let us do the job ourselves, we’ll pack whatever needs to go and leave everything else. It’s never fun to spend hours packing things for a restoration crew, only to find that you overpacked far past their needs.
Creating a Home Inventory
When disaster strikes, you’ll want to be able to put the pieces back together. Having a home inventory can help.
We encourage anyone and everyone to compile a list of their belongings as a way to prepare for unexpected disasters. A well-organized home inventory will be a boon when it’s time to file insurance claims, and it will make the restoration process less complicated. Here are a few things to consider when making your home inventory:
- List and Value Every Item: List every important item in your home, and ascertain the value — this will be majorly beneficial for insurance purposes.
- Keep Your List Safe: Keep a copy of your inventory with a close friend, or store it online so it’s accessible anywhere (there are home inventory apps that can do this)
- Take Advantage of Tech: Home inventory apps make the process extremely easy — you can take photos of the items, add serial numbers, purchase amounts, descriptions, and more.
- Keep it Updated: An inventory isn’t very useful if it’s ten years outdated. Make sure to update your inventory whenever you make significant purchases.
Consider Temporary Pack Up Services For Your Next Restoration Job
Next time you need a restoration job, we encourage you to call SM Absolute and ask us about our temporary pack up services. It’s something that we’ve done for countless clients in the San Diego and Riverside areas, and we’d be happy to help you. Contact us today!