When it comes to discovering mold growing in your home, we know how frustrating it can be. Now you need to call professionals to get rid of it, as well as monitor your health to ensure that you haven’t gotten sick because of the mold. Contact SM Absolute today for mold remediation services you can trust. While some people find mold just from looking for it in their home, others can’t see it until it becomes a huge problem. Just because the mold isn’t visible doesn’t mean it isn’t there! Read on to learn some of the signs that your home may have a mold problem.
- Allergies: Sneezing, itchy eyes, runny nose, and nasal congestion are good indicators of mold. If you feel better outside than you do inside your home, you probably have mold growing within your home
- Mold Smell: Don’t ignore any mold and mildew odors in your home. Call for a mold inspection immediately.
- Visible Mold: Just because it’s small doesn’t mean it isn’t there! Mold can easily be mistaken for dirt, so inspect what you find carefully. Also, all mold looks different. Anything that looks out of the ordinary should be checked.
- Water Problems: Long-term moisture troubles almost always lead to mold. If you see water stains on your walls, ceilings, or floors, there may be mold growing behind the material.
- Water Leaks: Whether it’s from your pipes or your ceiling, water leaks usually mean mold is growing. Check anywhere the water may have reached, as some of these places are not immediately visible.
- Past Flooding: If your home has flooded in the past and you never had a mold remediation team come in, your house might be home to colonies of mold! If you do have mold growing, it’s probably in an area that had water sitting there the longest. Basements are usually the biggest issue.
- Condensation: Condensation on your windows, glass items, or metal pipes can indicate that your home has a humidity problem – great breeding grounds for mold. Another sign of too much condensation would be rusting indoor pipes, so monitor the status of your pipes.
- Toxic Symptoms: If you have headaches, difficulty concentrating, a shortened attention span, memory loss, or dizziness, you might have toxic mold in your home. Much like the allergy symptoms, if you experience these more when you come home than when you leave it, you most likely have mold.
Contact the Mold Remediation Professionals
If you believe you might have mold in your home, or you know for certain that you do, there is no better team to call than the experts at SM Absolute. We can assess the situation and provide mold remediation services that will ensure the mold is gone for good. Standard cleaning supplies and a sponge simply won’t do the trick, so call the team who knows what they’re doing. We are here to help you and your home! Contact us today for all of your major cleanup needs, including flood damage restoration and fire damage restoration. Your home or business can go back to the way it was before, but only if you contact us today. We look forward to helping you!