Following a fire or flood, it may be necessary to remove all of the personal contents and furnishings from an office or home in order to prevent additional damage, theft or to facilitate restoration of the building.
This process is known as a “packout.”
During the packout process, a team of highly trained packout professionals will:
- Document all of the contents and furniture to ensure that they are properly returned to their original location.
- Carefully wrap all furnishings and pack all personal belongings using standard moving boxes and materials to protect the items during both transport and storage.
- Transport the items to a safe location for storage, which may be done:
- In-house if the loss is small and there is space available within the home or office.
- On-site using a container/Pod if minor water and/or fire damage repairs need to be made to the building.
- Off-site in our secure, climate-controlled warehouse when there is a large amount of structural damage, the property is undergoing reconstruction or when the contents need to be restored and/or repaired.
- Provide the homeowners (or tenants) with a copy of the detailed inventory list.
- If restoration or repairs are needed, the packout team will clean, deodorize and make the necessary repairs in order to restore items to their pre-loss condition. Items will then be repacked and rewrapped until they’re moved back to their original location.
- When your home or office has been fully restored, all of your packout belongings will be returned back to their initial location – allowing you to finally get back to normal!
If you need your contents moved, stored and restored in the San Diego area, the packout experts at ServiceMaster Absolute are ready to help.
We offer 24-hour emergency services and our packout team is highly trained and certified in the best packout practices to ensure your personal items – including family heirlooms, priceless artwork and expensive electronics – are properly packed, stored and restored as needed.