Have you ever walked in your home and just felt like something is off?
The smell is different, the texture of the walls feels different, or perhaps room feels damp.
All of these are the symptoms of a budding mold infestation.
Not only is a mold problem irritating to the senses and severely damaging to your home, but it can cause irreparable damage to your health.
So to assist you in preventing damage to your home, and possibly your health, here are a few tips to help you determine if you have a mold problem in your home:
- There is a stale or musty odor pervading inside your house.
- The stale/musty odor clings to any fabrics in your home – such as curtains, linens and clothes – even when they have just been washed.
- There are speckles of black and white appearing on various surfaces in your house, especially in areas near the water filter or the water softener tank.
- There are crystalline substances present on your ceiling or in your basement.
- The speckles and the crystalline substances keep reappearing no matter how often you clean them.
- The cardboard items in your basement, attic or garage feel damp.
- The wooden parts of the structure of your house are soggy.
If any of this sounds familiar, you could have a mold infestation and we advise you to call out a professional company like ServiceMaster Absolute to do a mold inspection in the areas that you know or suspect have mold.
Speaking of mold-remediation, ServiceMaster Absolute is excited to announce that Bryan Riggs has joined our staff as a Mold Coordinator.
Bryan is very knowledgeable and eager to help with all the mold-related needs and questions of new & existing customers. Feel free to contact him if you need assistance with mold, even if you’re looking for reliable over-the-phone advice.
Photo Credit: Lara604
Interested in our Water Damage Restoration Services?