Restoration Services Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What services do you offer?
ServiceMaster Absolute provides 24-hour fire, water, and mold damage cleanup services to all of Southern California. We also provide trauma and crime scene cleanup services, as well as commercial construction and restoration.
How soon can you get here?
We can be there within an hour of your call!
What kind of equipment do you use?
ServiceMaster Absolute attempts to clean as much as possible on premises with our industrial-sized ultrasonic cleaners, and we offer off-site storage if necessary. We have two ozone rooms to remove the smoke smell from your large furniture and equipment. Our “dragon” dryer is a workhorse tool for drying under structures.
How long does it take you to complete restorations?
Not long at all! For example, in only three days, we restored a 7-story, 750,000 square foot church from a burnt, smokey shell into a glistening, clean, and smoke-free environment. The restoration was completed to perfection and ahead of schedule.
What do you do during fire restoration projects?
- Assess the type of fire, soot and smoke damage caused by the fire to determine the most effective cleaning methods.
- Board-up any broken doors or windows to minimize the chances of burglary, vandalism or additional damages from environmental elements.
- Thoroughly remove soot from all walls, carpets, furniture and any other damaged contents.
- Deodorize the home to permanently remove the smell of smoke.
- Perform any necessary fire damage repairs to complete the fire restoration process.
Where does water damage come from?
While water damage does have a wide range of causes, some sources are more common than others. For example, most water damage we encounter in San Diego County comes from water lines breaking, ruptured sewage lines, and appliance failure (often washing machines, dishwashers, and water softeners). Overflowing toilets, broken bathtubs, and poorly constructed showers are also frequent culprits.
What do you do during water damage restoration projects?
- Assess the water damage and locate any potential hazards, such as electrical wires or chemicals.
- Remove the water using state-of-the-art vacuuming equipment.
- Remove any damaged materials that are not salvageable.
- Dry the damaged area with one of our many fans. The size of the fan depends on how extensive the water damage is. While drying is occurring, one of our restoration contractors will monitor and control humidity levels in your building.
- Clean and sanitize the affected area. We use many sanitation methods, like antimicrobial treatments and industrial air scrubbers.
- Restore your property. After we’re done removing the damage, we will restore your business or home back to its original condition.
If I file an insurance claim, do I have to wait for the adjuster to arrive before I call you?
It depends on the situation. If you need immediate restoration services and can’t wait for an adjuster to arrive, take plenty of photos and don’t throw anything away. Always make sure you’re taking care of hazardous situations before calling your insurance company.
Are certain kinds of mold worse than others?
Yes. If you see black mold in your home, vacate the premises and call us immediately for mold remediation.
Are there certain odors that need to be removed professionally?
Yes. You should always have a restoration company remove odors leftover from smoke damage, pet dander and urine, and mold.
How long does it take for mold to grow after water damage?
Mold can grow immediately after water damage, but it usually takes anywhere from 24 – 48 hours to establish itself. Our standard mold clean-up practice is to find and remove it within 48 hours.
If you have a question we did not answer on this page, please contact us! We would be happy to answer all of your questions.